A difference in life perspective.
Autism impacts the lives of many people – those that identify with the life perspective as well as the loved ones who care for or intimately interact with them on a daily basis. Alongside many of the positive and growing moments, there are the challenging times as well. While some experiences might be similiar, everyone’s story is unique.
Connect for a complimentary consultation about therapeutic support for your self, your child and family. Support is offered to adults, teens and children with autism, caregivers, parents, family members and siblings.
If you are a community organization servicing individuals with Autism and would like to collaborate to support the community, please reach out for more information and research announcements.
If you are a parent or caregiver of a child, young adult or adult with Autism, you might be experiencing different things day to day:
- Lacking support from family, friends or professionals
- Inconsistent confidence in what you’re doing and what the best things is for your child or loved one
- Lacking resources about school or treatment options
- Challenge connecting with your child in the way you hope you would
- Difficulty prioritizing other relationships and day-to-day demands with those of your child living with Autism
- The above and many other experiences go hand in hand with feelings like stress, confusion, anxiety, anger, sadness, depression and hopelessness.
Your loved one with Autism may be experiencing:
- Developmental growth differences
- Preferences that do not align with a typical school or work day
- Differences in relational and social preferences
- Lacking motivation to attend to daily living tasks
- Difficulty making friendships and connections with peers
- Inflexibility and difficulty shifting sets/ responding to change in the day or the environment
- Lack of tolerance to various environmental and internal stimuli
- The above and many other experiences go along with frustration intolerance, tantrums, behavioral outbursts, crying spells and more.