I work and collaborate with individuals and groups of varying ages and life circumstances.
If you are visiting this page to learn more about how I can support you, you might be looking for better ways to cope with life’s challenges, have better relationships, deal with tough transitions or improve your overall mood.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][us_text text=”Counseling & Coaching for Your Child, Teen & Young Adult” tag=”h3″][vc_column_text]If you’re visiting this page, you’re already thinking about how to support your child in living with joy, coping with a challenge or even meeting a specific goal. All kids are unique and possess so many strengths! Together, we work and play to get to know what their internal resources and strengths are, while supporting growth and healing.
You are the most important ingredient. Child counseling is paired with a once per month parent support and check-in session geared towards supporting the work that happens in child counseling. We’ll work together to sort out challenges, go over strategies and create a useful plan that fits the needs of your child and family.[/vc_column_text][vc_tta_accordion][vc_tta_section tab_id=”1574072098573-99acdf94-e766″ title=”Here are some reasons you might have for seeking support for your child:”][vc_column_text]
- Trauma/ Traumatic stress (natural disaster, bullying incidents, unexpected loss, medical experience, witness to violence, abuse, and many others)
- Episodes of depression & sadness
- Feeding and mealtime challenges
- Anxiety (social anxiety/withdrawal, separation anxiety, school anxiety/refusal)
- Defiance, Anger & Irritability (temper tantrums, refusal)
- Lying & Manipulation
- Physical aggression & self harm (biting, hitting, kicking, cutting, destruction of property)
- School challenges (learning difficulties & differences, excessive absences, school refusal, lacking attention and focus, lacking self-advocacy skills, bullying/teasing others or being bullied, and many others)
- Grief & Bereavement (death of a loved one or pet)
- Transition & adjustment challenges (parental divorce, remarriage, birth of a sibling, moving, starting a new school)
- Attachment challenges (adoption, abrupt separation, challenged communication)
- Challenges with social skills or lacking self-awareness
- Self-esteem & self concept challenges
- Problems with sleep & difficulty relaxing
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section tab_id=”1574072098583-a07af537-9ac3″ title=”Your teen or young adult might be facing some of the above challenges or needing support with others:”][vc_column_text]
- Life Skills challenges (organization, transportation, self-care independence, money management, advanced telephone use, shopping/gift giving, personal hygiene, and many others)
- Sexual Identity/ Orientation challenges
- Social Skills (making new friends, conversation and initiation skills)
- High School or College transition challenges
- & many more.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][us_separator][vc_column_text]Coaching & Support for Parents, Caregivers & Couples.
Are you an individual parent, primary caregiver or involved in co-parenting, and feel you might benefit from coaching? Maybe you are soon to be a parent and in need of support transitioning into the new role. Maybe you and your partner are coping with difficulties and would benefit from counseling. No matter where you are in your journey, you’re sure to be experiencing joys as well as struggles, ups and downs. Perhaps you are experiencing these challenges with your child and/or partner:
- communicating effectively
- creating & maintaining boundaries
- losing patience & keeping your cool during disagreements or upsetting moments
- setting up and sustaining behavior plans with your child
- negotiating & setting limits
- giving praise
- connecting meaningfully with your child
- staying present and enjoying the moment
- worrying about the future
- grief & bereavement due to loss of a child
- coping with medical or mental health diagnosis
- co-parenting as a team
- coping with life transitions
- relating to your partner
Getting to Know Your Child & Teen.
Parent sessions are also really supportive for those looking to learn a little bit more about child and adolescent development, various differences in abilities and special needs children experience, and what a is happening in the child during these rough times and tantrums. So many of the difficulties experienced by parents and kids are during times when one or both parties are stressed and anxious, leading to behaviors that seem insurmountable to manage and diffuse. By learning about what’s actually happening in your child’s brain and body, you empower yourself to be more mindful and effective human beings for them and for yourself.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]